SRTA Privacy Statement
SRTA Privacy Statement
The term "we" or "us" means SRTA.
- The term "you" means a current or former SRTA member or other person who has provided personal information to us in connection with obtaining an SRTA product or service (e.g. a person who has purchased a book from the SRTA Professional Library or a person who subscribes to an SRTA-produced electronic newsletter).
- The term "personal information" means any piece of information that on its own can specifically identify a current or former SRTA member or other person who has provided personal information to us in connection with obtaining an SRTA product or service. This would include, but is not limited to, full name, postal address, e-mail address, social security number, or financial information.
- The term "SRTA website" means SRTA's external website located at: sanatrosata.org and any future websites that we may develop.
- The term "SRTA Intranet" means SRTA's internal, private, and secured website for local leaders and staff.
- The term "third party" means a legal entity that is separate and independent from SRTA, its state and local affiliates, or any SRTA-related organization.
- The term "cookie" means a small file that is placed on your computer that allows a website to store, and sometimes track, information about how you use that website.
- The term "discussion forum" means an asynchronous website component that enables users to exchange ideas by posting questions and answers on relevant subjects. Discussion forums are also commonly referred to as "discussion groups," "discussion boards," "message boards," "bulletin boards," and "online forums."
III. Personal Information Collected
We may collect personal information about you from the following sources:
- Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us on your membership application and other SRTA forms — whether online via the SRTA website or offline via traditional, hard copy forms (such as your name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, social security number, etc.).
- Other Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us via the SRTA website or SRTA Intranet (such as an e-mail address if you subscribe to an SRTA-produced electronic newsletter or other personal information contained in an e-mail that you send to us via the feedback feature of the SRTA website).
- Personal Information that we receive from our state and local affiliates or other SRTA-related organizations (such as your name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, social security number, etc.).
- Personal Information that we receive from third parties (such as publicly available voter registration information).
IV. How We Use That Information
The personal information that SRTA collects about you helps us and our state and local affiliates and SRTA-related organizations to efficiently and effectively represent you and provide you with valuable member benefits.
V. Information Sharing
In order to provide you with efficient and effective representation and member benefits, we routinely share all of the personal information that we collect about you, as described in Section III above, with our state and local affiliates and SRTA-related organizations, as well as third parties that perform services on our behalf.
Additionally, we may share any of the personal information that we collect about you, as described in Section III above, with certain third parties that share our interests or as otherwise permitted by law.
VI. Available Choices
Any personal information that you provide to us is voluntary. SRTA members may update their personal information at any time. For information on how to contact us, please click on About Us > Contact
VII. Your California Privacy Rights
VIII. Information Security
IX. Additional Information for Users of the SRTA Web Site or SRTA Intranet
- Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
If you use the SRTA website or the SRTA Intranet, you provide us with certain non-personal information in addition to any personal information that you may voluntarily provide. For example, if you browse the SRTA website or SRTA Intranet or download information, our operating system automatically records the following non-personal information:
- The Internet domain for your Internet service (such as "xcompany.com" or "xcompany.net" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourcollege.edu" if you connect from a college or university domain);
- The type of browser that you use (such as "America Online version 7" or "Microsoft Internet Explorer 5");
- The type of operating system that you use (such as Windows or Macintosh);
- The date and time that you visit the SRTA website or SRTA Intranet and the webpages that you view;
- The address of the previous website that you visited if you linked to us from another website; and
- The address of the next website that you visit if you link to it from the SRTA website or SRTA Intranet.
We use the above non-personal information to diagnose technical problems and track user interests so that we can provide content that interests you.
We gather this non-personal information in the aggregate and we share it in the same manner that we share personal information, as described in Section V above.
- Discussion Forums
If you participate in a discussion forum on the SRTA website or SRTA Intranet, your comments, along with any personal information that you voluntarily disclose, may be collected, used, and shared by anyone with access to that forum. We are not responsible for the personal information that you choose to submit in a discussion forum.
The SRTA website and SRTA Intranet are general websites, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13.
- External Links
XI. Contact Us